Picture of Does Micron consider mid-careers switchers from other industries?

Does Micron consider mid-careers switchers from other industries?

Picture of Marco
12 responses

Adrian L. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from Singapore and Malaysia to Micron

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

Hi Adrian, of course we hire mid-career as well (I joined my self as a mid-career). I would recommend to check our career site, you can find all our openings at https://micron.eightfold.ai/careers

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Adrian L.

Hi Marco, Thanks for that. Does Micron specifically look out for candidates ( as in Mid-careers switch) with relevant transferable skills? This is because I come from a business background, and I find that most of my applications are not shortlisted even if there some possible transferable skill-sets. Is it mainly due to industrial culture?

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

No prob, Adrian! Well, I am not an engineer myself eheh. Changing job as a mid-career is always a matter of timing, for example today we have some openings, but we might fille them in a month from now. Then we will have other openings and so on. The best thing is to keep an eye open on the career site to be updated with the latest open positions. But depending on the position we are looking for different skills...there is not a general rule.

Picture of Junrong L.

Junrong L.

Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager

And indeed, if you are in Singapore, Micron partners with our government on Professional Conversion Programme (PCP). Do visit our https://micron.eightfold.ai/careers to help you better identify jobs that are suitable to your experiences

Adrian L.

Thanks both, in fact, I am currently enrolled in the SGUS training program. I was actually referred to a Technologist role by my institution, and I have submitted my application for the role. Not much news yet, keeping my fingers crossed. Therefore It will be good for me to understand a bit deeper about the selection criteria of mid-careers candidates. Would it be better for me to drop my CV into the career matching section and let the AI decide what are the roles that are of higher chances in terms of applications.

Picture of Junrong L.

Junrong L.

Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager

Yes Adrian, do drop your CV in there, and review the opportunities that pop out

Adrian L.

Thanks for your advice, Junrong. I will try my luck at the related opportunities.

Adrian L.

Hi Darius, a question more for you, I believe you must be running shifts? Are all shifts 12 hours ? and how are the shift patterns like? How would you comment the level of fatigue after a full day's shift

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Hi Adrian, yes shifts are 12 hours still, but I have progressed from shift as a tool owner. Shifts here are usually 3-4-4-3 alternating, fatigue wise its quite ok to me, I dont feel any difference once I was accustomed to it

Adrian L.

Thanks Darius, I understand that there is a swing shift, can you briefly explain how does that works?

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Hi Adrian, for swing shift, you can imagine it to be Sun-Thur or Tue-Sat, normal working hours

Adrian L.

Thanks thanks.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?