Picture of Are there many science PhD graduates working at Micron Singapore, and what level of positions do they typically take ?

Are there many science PhD graduates working at Micron Singapore, and what level of positions do they typically take ?

Picture of Darius
Picture of Junrong
6 responses

Additional information

Especially when they first join Micron? Thank you!

Yuka E. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from Singapore and Malaysia to Micron

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Hi Yuka, thanks for your question. I happen to know a few colleagues who are PhD graduates, and they are usually working as principal engineers in process integration, refining the technologies for mass manufacturing.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Junrong L.

Junrong L.

Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager

Hi Yuka, in Micron Singapore, depends on the specialization that you are doing your PhD in, we will assess and start you competitively. For Singapore, selected PhD candidates, typically starts with Senior Engineer (as it depends on your experiences too) and they do progress to Principal Engineers (for technical path).

Picture of Yuka E.

Yuka E.

I see, thank both you for your replies! Are there things I should be aware of applying as a PhD graduate? Does the interview process look different (is there a heavier emphasis on the technical interview, for example?)

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Yes, we look at your field of research and relevant study and capability, and also whether you can be a culture add to us as well!

Picture of Yuka E.

Yuka E.

I see. Thank you for this opportunity to ask questions! Looking forward to applying to Micron in the near future.

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

And we look forward to your application as well! :)

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?