Picture of Hi there, normally what are the personalities that the hiring managers are looking for during the interview?

Hi there, normally what are the personalities that the hiring managers are looking for during the interview?

Picture of Marco
Picture of Yunli
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 2, 2021

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

This is a very good question! In my opinion, regardless the kind of personality that hiring managers are looking for, is very important during any job interview to show who you really are: you can think about "joining a company" as "getting married", and therefore the "interview process" as "dating". Why would you keep dating or marry a person if you do not like each other? For this reason is important during the interview process to show your real colors and who you really are. But I can tell you that at Micron we love people who love learning. If you are a curious person and like challenges you are already halfway! :-)

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Picture of Yunli Z.

Yunli Z.

Sr. Program Manager, People Development

At Micron, our core value, People, Innovation, Tenacity, Collaboration and Customer-focus has been the guiding principles in terms of how we carry out ourselves and how we interact with others. As I look around people who I have been collaborating with, they have different personality and each of them are unique individuals and have their own talents. Hiring manager will definitely assess your competencies and experiences, and when it comes to personalities, my advice is ‘don’t fake or try to be someone else.’ Believe in your talents and focus on what you can do to deliver results and to add values.

Thursday, September 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?