Picture of What would be the advantages for a fresh graduate in the interviewer? What qualities are you looking for?

What would be the advantages for a fresh graduate in the interviewer? What qualities are you looking for?

Picture of Junrong
Picture of Chandler
12 responses

Additional information

I'm asking if a fresh graduate were to compete with somewhat new experienced and also among other fresh graduates. How would one stand out? Perhaps diverse experience, problem solving capabilities, or good grades?

Chandler L. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from Singapore and Malaysia to Micron

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Junrong L.

Junrong L.

Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager

Hi Chandler! Thanks for joining us early!

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

Sorry for not introducing myself, didn't know how this work... My name is Chandler. Fresh graduate from a German university studying Industrial Engineering and Management pursuing DS currently. Thank you for having me!

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

Hi Chandler, nice to meeting you! A fresh graduate actually does not have to compete with experienced professionals, as we do have a different process for new grads and for people with experience. My advice to you if you want to stand out the competition is to be yourself ALWAYS during the interview stage. Joining a company means you will have to spend there a lot of time, and is very important that you show your personality! Joining a company is like getting married: if you dont like each other there is no point, right? :-)

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

Yes true that! Would you mind to elaborate on showing personality?

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

In that sense the interview process is like dating, so i think is important to show your true colors (and, of course, we have to do the same) or we wont know if we like each other. By "showing personality" i mean that we want to know who you are as a human being. Beside your technical skills, during an interview the hiring managers will try to imagine how will be working together

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

Are there multiple interviews process or it varies from departments or even countries? So one interview would want to look at "personality" for example, and another more technical?

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

The process is actually different in each region. Which country are you interested in? I know for sure that in Japan managers check both technical skills and personality during the same interview.

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

Taiwan is the region. What would be the standardized process from Micron that is like a must-have/good-to-have quality within Micron-people's DNA?

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

In Taiwan we are looking to hire a lot of people! You should definitely apply! We will have another chat with Taiwan probably in January. I would recommend to join that call!

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

I see, thank you for the time and patience answering all my questions! I hope you are well and healthy, God bless!

Picture of Chandler L.

Chandler L.

I will definitely look that up!

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

No prob at all! Thats why we are here today :-) You can find me on LinkedIn as well, in case you need any information in the future

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?