Picture of Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Picture of Marco
Picture of Yunli
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Yunli Z.

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, April 22, 2022

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

Usually my day starts quite early in the morning, around 7 or 8AM because my peer and my supervisor are based in the US and the only overlapping time when we can talk / discuss is morning in Japan. In the afternoon I work with my team members in Asia, follow up with their requests and keep working on existing projects. When necessary in the late afternoon / night I work with with my team members in Europe. Every day is quite different, I do not really have a "typical day".

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Picture of Yunli Z.

Yunli Z.

Sr. Program Manager, People Development

Similar as Marco, I will start my day early at 6am or 7am if I have team engagement given the rest of my team are based in US or when I have meetings with co-workers in US. I will have time to take a break for breakfast etc. after my morning meetings before I log on to other project work or facilitating career or mentoring workshops for audiences based in Asia. I do intentionally allocate time to connect with my peers and project or program stakeholders in Asia, and in the late afternoon, it's a good time to reach out to others in EMEA. In the pocket time in between meetings or after lunch, I will take time to catch up with the latest publications on the topic of my interests from HBR, continuously learning helps me sharpen my saw and stay relevant in the domain field I am leading.

Friday, April 22, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?