Picture of Which job is recommended for mechanical engineer background with working experience in high volume manufacturing?

Which job is recommended for mechanical engineer background with working experience in high volume manufacturing?

Picture of Darius
Picture of Oscar Chan
5 responses

Additional information

The high volume manufacturing is of non related to semicon industries but operate 24/7 and the manufactured product are sold globally.

Oscar Chan Y. asked during the live chat ASK US ANYTHING to Micron

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Thursday, August 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 25, 2022

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Hi Oscar, seems like you would be a good fit in our manufacturing department as an equipment engineer! :)

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Picture of Oscar Chan Y.

Oscar Chan Y.

Hi Darius, thank you for the advice. What other job post are recommended also beside equipment engineer as I saw there are a lot other types of engineer Micron is looking to hire beside process & equipment engineer?

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Hi Oscar, there are other roles such as M&E engineer under facilities, Gas/chem engineer, system design, planning etc....

Picture of Oscar Chan Y.

Oscar Chan Y.

I see. Thanks for the recommendation. Seems like I am on the right track.:) I have applied to the job post that you just recommended. May I ask what would be the difference between diffusion/implant process & equipment engineer vs fab10 process & equipment engineer?

Picture of Darius L.

Darius L.

Business Administration

Seems to me that one is module specific while the other is more general. Both are still under the umbrella of process and equipment engineering.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?