Picture of What is your relationship like with your colleagues and team?

What is your relationship like with your colleagues and team?

Picture of Marco
Picture of Chunhui
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Chunhui Z.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

I LOVE my team! Really, couldn`t ask for a better place to be! Part of my team is located in the US, other members are in Asia, so most of the time early morning for me is the best time to talk and discuss with the team. I have been in this position since only one year, but it feels like I have known them since forever!

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Picture of Chunhui Z.

Chunhui Z.

SMAI Senior Data Scientist

In my mind, each one of us is unique and got something to share with the world, regardless of the role and backgrounds. With this mindset, I view my relationship with colleagues and my team as companions in my data science journey, in which I am able to learn from them and share my experience at the same time. For example, I consider my bosses as my mentors, who will guide me and encourage me to achieve my fullest potential. Similarly, I will do the same for my direct reports, to make sure that I provide timely guidance and recognitions so that they are motivated to move forward in their career. Outside of work, we are good friends too. In my department, we have various activities and interest groups for team members to make friends and have fun. For example, I am in the Pokemon Go interest group along with all the Pokemon masters in my department, and we will play together when off work.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?