Picture of The definition of work-life balance can vary from one person to another. What is yours?

The definition of work-life balance can vary from one person to another. What is yours?

Picture of Junrong
Picture of Yunli
3 responses

Additional information

And how is Micron helping you to achieve it, if at all?

Tuck Fu L. asked during the live chat Women: Be the Change - It's Time to Drive it! to Micron

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Picture of Junrong L.

Junrong L.

Talent Acquisition Sr. Manager

For me, I believe in work-life integration. I have been in Micron for 12 years and have started my career as a Process Engineer, since my graduation. Work in Micron is challenging and satisfying. I believe we need to have clear priorities and open communication with the leaders to ensure team member/everyone are supported in all aspects of well-being

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Picture of Yunli Z.

Yunli Z.

Sr. Program Manager, People Development

I do agree with you and believe that W-L balance has a personal annotation, and can be interpreted differently by different people. I felt it's really important to be empowered and trusted by your own leaders in terms of how you manage your work schedule and deliverables. I am fortunate to have leaders like that, and I feel energized to attend late or early global meetings while having the flexibility to take a break in the afternoon. Of course, self-accountability and ability to deliver is the key to gain trust.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

Interesting question. In my opinion work life balance is not a benefit, but something that you need to achieve yourself. In one of my previous jobs I had to stay in the office till 9PM even though i had already finished my job, my boss was very strict about that. Obviously there are times where we have to do overtime but is not mandatory at Micron, at least in my team. I feel we value and empower people here, as they are our most important asset and therefore we do not want them to burn out. Work is definitely very important, but everything, if in excess, can be dangerous for your health...too much sleep, too much food, too much sport...that is why i said work-life balance is not a benefit but something you need to achieve

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?